More Than Words
The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children on the Autism Spectrum or with
Social Communication Difficulties.
At a More Than Words group program, you learn specific, research-based strategies to support your child’s social communication and play skills, while also connecting and having more fun together.
- What motivates your child to communicate
- How to use your knowledge about your child to set appropriate and realistic goals
- How to make interactions with your child last longer
- Tips for using pictures and print to help your child’s understanding
- Strategies for how to talk so that your child understands you
- Strategies for providing new play opportunities for your child
This program is suitable for parents and caregivers of autistic children, or children with social communication differences.
- An obligation-free orientation session held online. During that session, you will get a chance to learn more about the More Than Words® Program, ask any questions and meet the other parents interested in the program.
- 1 pre-program consultation for you and your child with your speech-language pathologist: 1 hour
- 8 online training sessions in small, personalized groups: 2.5 hours per session
- 3 individual visits for you and your child with your speech-language pathologist in which you are videotaped while practicing with your child. Then you and your speech-language pathologist watch the videotaped interaction to “see” what’s helping and what you can modify to help even more: 1 hour per session
- This program is delivered online via Zoom.
Register your interest to attend an obligation-free orientation session on Wednesday 24th of January from 9:30am – 11:30am
- Required pre-consultation with a Hanen certified clinician prior to starting the program (1 hour)
- 8 weeks of 2.5 hour content delivered by a Hanen certified clinician
- 3 x 1 hour individual parent video feedback sessions.
- More Than Words guidebook
- Cost: $2,100